Lodging near Dinosaur National Monument
Landmark Inn and Suites is the preferred choice of lodging near Dinosaur National Monument and other exciting attractions around Vernal. Surrounded by mountains, rivers, and deserts, our lodging is close to Flaming Gorge and is known for its excellent fishing and boating. Because of our proximity to Dinosaur National Monument, the town offers the Dinosaur Roundup Rodeo every summer, which is one of the biggest events around. Start planning your vacation reserve a room with us today!
While you’re lodging here, we recommend these attractions:
Outdoor Water Activities
- Flaming Gorge Recreation Area
- Huge 207,363 acre reservoir that is great for outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, jet skiing, swimming, house boating, hiking, camping, and others.
- Fishing - Known for its trophy lake trout and record size fish.
- Rainbow trout, brown trout, kokanee salmon, and smallmouth bass
- Green River
- Flows into Flaming Gorge Reservoir
- Known for White Water River Rafting - 9 mile stretch with some class 3 rapids that are perfect for beginners to raft on their own or with a guide
- Renowned for fishing and fly fishing
- Labyrinth and Still Waters Canyon
- Canoeing - great canoeing through this 100 mile long stretch on the Green River through redrock canyons
- Yampa River - Vernal and northern Utah become a winter wonderland for all to enjoy.
- White Water River Rafting and Canoeing through 3 and 4 class rapids
- Excellent fishing and fly fishing
- Desolation Canyon
Area Events and Attractions
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Dinosaur Land has the largest quarry of Jurassic Period dinosaur bones ever discovered
- 350 tons of dinosaur fossils
- Dinosaur Roundup Rodeo
- July 9th - 11th, 2009
- Arguably the biggest event in the Basin in terms of attendance and dollars generated
Outdoor Land Activities
- Kings Peak - highest mountain peak in Utah with an elevation of 13,528 feet. It has 3 main hikes ranging from beginner to advanced.
- Sound of Silence Hiking Tour - 3 mile moderate to advance hiking trail that takes you across flat landscapes, towering stone walls, and dark red paths
- ATV Trails
- Ashley National Forest
- Uintah Mountains
- Diamond Mountain Plateau
- Browns Park
- Petty Mountain Loop - 14 miles for both mountain biking and four wheeling
Dinosaur National Monument